A Victorian makeover – with more to follow!
Just the niche job for Inspired Interiors…
Thanks to a railway heritage dating back to 1839, Eastleigh has a high percentage of Victorian properties that require sympathetic restoration and redecoration to maintain their authentic period charm.
While the owner was off skiing (Holidays are a great time for home improvements), we were able to work our magic, from replacing rotten floorboards to fitting new carpets and replacing doors. All in just 9 days – it’s amazing what skilled, trustworthy tradesmen, given a clear deck, can achieve!
Scope of work – so far:
- Landing and stair carpet: stripped and replaced with new, including new satin-nickel Jubilee stair rods. Cut edges whipped/bound on stair runner.
- Stair treads and risers: sanded 100 mm each side; undercoated and glossed
- Upstairs woodwork: prepared and painted 4 doors, 4 frames, skirting, loft hatch and balustrades. All 21 balustrade spindles: removed and replaced
- Downstairs woodwork: prepared and painted 1 door, 2 frames, skirting, dado rail and balustrades
- Lounge wall (with door) and above window: plaster-skimmed and painted
- All walls where noticeable: made good and rubbed down
- Hallway, lounge and dining room floors: rotten floorboards replaced, sanded throughout, with 3 coats of clear varnish to finish
- All walls/ceilings: prepared and mist-coated, followed by two coats of emulsion
- 2 new doors and furniture installed
- New hallway arch Corbels installed – ornamental structural brackets jutting from the wall, supporting the archway
Delighted client? Naturally. So much so we are returning for further works in the New Year – while our client is off skiing again!